An estate plan is a legal blueprint that defines how everything is handled when you are disabled or pass away. A good estate plan gives you the clarity, confidence, and power to:
- Control your assets while you are alive and well.
- Provide for yourself and loved ones if you become disabled.
- Give what you have left…
- To whom you want
- When you want
- The way you want
- Minimize tax bills and professional fees.
- Assure your wisdom is transferred along with your wealth.
What is an Estate? Do you Have an Estate to Plan?
Your ‘estate’ is everything that you own. This can include your home, cash accounts, retirement accounts, life insurance, stocks, vehicles, jewelry, and anything else that you have. Everyone has an estate, some bigger than others. Everyone benefits from an Estate Plan.
Top 5 Estate Planning Documents
Do you have everything you need in your estate plan? Most families will need the following documents to make sure they are protected.
- Last Will and Testament
- General Durable Power of Attorney
- Health Care Power of Attorney
- Advanced Medical Directive
- Revocable Living Trust
Our Three-Step Strategy™ Can Help!
The Estate Planning Attorneys at Polaris Law Group, LLC use a unique Three-Step Strategy™ to ensure that your personalized estate plan will work in the way you want it to.
- Develop your plan through a detailed counseling and design process. Going beyond merely filling out ‘off the shelf’ forms.
- Transferring assets into properly titled ownership, and maintaining your plan through an ongoing, formal maintenance and education program.
- Working together with your family to settle your estate at your death. Through our proactive family training programs designed to help your family understand the plan that has been put in place and ensure they are prepared with proper instructions.
With a well-drafted estate plan in place, you can rest assured that your family will not have to endure the public and costly process of probate. You will be confident that your estate will not be depleted by unnecessary taxes and fees. Most importantly, your family will know what your wishes are helping to ensure a smooth transition of your estate and decreasing the heartache caused by families fighting over the unknown.
Our client driven approach is focused on building a relationship with you and your family. We take pride in taking the time to explore all the issues that are important to you. We use this time to develop a comprehensive plan that meets our full definition of estate planning and creates a plan that works!
The attorneys at Polaris Law Group are experience and qualified estate planning attorneys. We are dedicated to providing proper estate planning advice to families looking to protect current and future generations. We help families throughout Missouri, St. Charles MO, St. Peters MO, O’Fallon MO, Chesterfield MO, Lake St. Louis MO, St. Charles County, St. Louis County, and surrounding areas.